Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More Roving!

This hand-dyed, Maine-raised Finn wool flew out of my shop yesterday!  Toni Weiner, who creates this lovely stuff here in Washington, Maine, brought me a smidge more this morning.  In the upper left hand corner, you can see the swatch I knitted up after spinning this gorgeous roving!  $3.00 an ounce.

Here's the Finn roving undyed.  Delicious and back in stock! $2.00 an ounce.

New! Toni has over-dyed this beautiful Romney & gotten lovely teal streaking.  Swatch on the way!
$4.00 an ounce.

And finally, look at this knitting book that just came into Village Books!  Yvonne Taylor, my cashmere mentor, is Swedish and has gotten me interested in that culture.  This book is entirely in Swedish & features knitters from all over the world, including Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, and the Middle East.  A treasure! Paperback, 1980,  $20.00.

To buy roving, yarn or books from The Fiber Side of Village Books, you can contact me at kjelenfy@fairpoint.net.  I accept Paypal & personal checks.

1 comment: